Qualified accountant is needed to join a small but busy South West London firm of Chartered Accountants based in Putney. Ideal candidate should have at least 3 years practice experience.
Please note ACCOUNTANCY FIRM EXPERIENCE IS A MUST.
Purpose of role:
As a Senior you will be part of the delivery team on tax advisory and compliance services to a wide range of OMBs. You will need to prepare sole trader, partnership and company accounts from source documents to completion, together with the relevant tax returns.
- Preparing sole trader, partnership and Company financial accounts from source documents to completion.
- Drafting tax clearances and tax reports
- Technical research
- Prepare business tax computations/tax returns
- Review work of colleagues and juniors lists to ensure all relevant deadlines met
- Contribute at client meetings
- Deals with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
- Prepare billing analyses and draft fee notes
- Preparation, Finalising and submission of statutory accounts for the OMBs (LTD companies & LLPs) as required by Companies House.
- Training and development
- Attend internal and external training sessions
- Assisting other staff members
- Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
- Ensuring relevant client deadlines are met
- Ensuring Lanop’s procedures are adhered to
- Involvement in some office’s administrative tasks
- Planning and Organising
- Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Written and Oral communication
- Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
- Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
- Customer Focus
- Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
- Team work
- Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
- Maintain Technical Expertise
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA) or someone studying towards CTA.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in accounting firm is required
- Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in OMB tax planning.
- Demonstrable experience of managing people
- Appetite to grow business development skills
- Strong IT skills
Anyone called for an interview will be required to provide proof of right to work in UK and their ACA or ACCA qualification.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply please send your CV and a Covering letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications sent by post are not accepted.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to each individual applicant. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, your application may have been unsuccessful on this occasion.